Learn how to assemble a crochet amigurumi cube with this step by step photo tutorial. This cube is the basis for a number of My Crochet Wish amigurumi crochet patterns, including Cuddle Robot and this cute-and-not-at-all-scary little Mummy.
Are you ready to start? Here are the steps:
1. Refer to the individual pattern to know where to attach the eyes.
2. For each body part (including the head), lay the two rectangles out like below, with the lines left from crocheting in the front loops facing you.
3. Start sewing where indicated, depending on whether you are left-handed or right-handed.
4. Keep sewing around, using the lines left behind from crocheting in the front loops as hinges to create a cube.
Note: The progress photos show how it looks with left-handed sewing. If you are right-handed you will be sewing in the opposite direction to make the cube.
5. Stuff before you completely close it up.
And there you have it. As with any new skill, practice makes better. Why don’t you give it a go on this free pattern and let me know in the comments below how it went. Check out my other useful crochet tutorials and guides.